We wanted to keep you – our clients, suppliers and freelance family – up-to-date in the top line measures relating to how LS are responding to current circumstances surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
LAST UPDATED: Wednesday 1st of April 2020 11:00 GMT
THE UK IS NOW ON LOCKDOWN
We are constantly revisiting the information at hand from the government, and best practice within the industry in collaboration with our trade body, the APA.
Please do ring us - + 44 (0) 131 561 0120 - or email email@example.com if you have any concerns or suggestions regarding Covid-19 management on UK sets.
Shooting will commence as and when the government deems it to be appropriate, and when our clients feel it is a safe time to do so.
MARIE OWEN - LS PRODUCTIONS CEO - UPDATE
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we have now adapted our in-house team structure.
Whilst we live through these most unusual times we have taken the decision that our exec team and our heads of department will continue to work remotely whilst the rest of our incredible team are furloughed until this situation improves and it is safe for us to return to work.
Our priority is to get us all through this safely and to secure the future of LS, however the business does remain open and we are here to discuss future plans and to support all of our clients, suppliers and freelancers through this very difficult time. We would love to hear from you.
I want to thank everyone who has reached out to me recently and offered support and comfort through these unprecedented times, its certainly helped me cope with these monumental changes to our daily lives.
I firmly believe now is the time to look after each other and to be kind.
Stay safe and we’ll get through this together.
USEFUL RESOURCES & CURRENT ADVICE
Creative Industries Federation - 3 months free membership for freelancers
GETTING READY FOR WHEN WE'RE ALL BACK TO BUSINESS
- We're here to support your projects that are currently on hold, or have been pushed back. We can provide you with prospective budgets, and location links with images from our 250,000-strong library from around the UK, and if you have prospective dates, we can pencil up crew, so that when you're ready to go, we are too.
- We are greater than any one producer, or location manager. LS is a production launch pad for shoots across the UK, utilising our in-house team of 30 & a web of experienced and brilliant freelancers.
- We crew up locally and are here to have that conversation with you, to reduce travel to UK sets where applicable. Talk to our Head of Production Jo Coombes on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The location know-how is in-house. We have a location team, we have 250K+ images and we can work with you to pitch UK concepts, workable locations and aesthetics you might not consider traditionally “UK”. Talk to our Head of Locations Amy Morement on email@example.com.
- LS has an innate culture of supportive and remote working practices, be it team members on shoots on the Isle of Skye, budgets and locations routinely pulled together with the input of our three UK offices, or everyone working on pitches & shoots from home. All LS systems are equally accessible wherever we are. There is no disruption to the technical provision of location options & budgets from LS.
- Much like we can move, so do our shoots. Our UK-wide-ness helps you protect your production in the event of a last minute re-location, may it relate to Corona or otherwise.
- We have a history of sourcing WIFI vans for live content sharing from more rural locations, for decision makers not on set. We have already investigated playback options within the UK and are able to discuss these with you.
- Email our Head of Production, Jo Coombes, and Head of Locations Amy Morement if you’d like to discuss any thoughts or potential script ideas.
Ultimately, we will support one another the best we can in these unusual times (rain or shine).
Anything we can do to make things a little easier, please just let us know.
Stay safe, healthy and let's be community-minded together.
x Team LS