Our team is expanding, and we’re seeking a new Business Development Director whose role will be critical in the future growth of LS Productions.
We are looking for someone with a passion for the screen industries and a track record in sales, business development and marketing. We want someone who will grasp the opportunity to expand LS within our current market share and develop new and exciting revenue streams across film, TV, commercials, fashion, sport and music videos and craft a strategy plan that will span the UK as well as having an international dimension.
The position will involve a high degree of UK and international travel (post-COVID) and can be based out of London, Manchester or Edinburgh, where we have active offices.
The role is suited to a confident and organised sales professional who has worked in a similar role within the creative sector. This person should have established relationships in the screen industries.
- Devise and implement the LSP Sales, Business Development and Marketing (“SBDM”) Strategy.
- Increase the number and quality of sales leads, prospects and enquiries.
- Build a solid national and international sales pipeline and tracking process.
- Increase the conversion rate of enquiries to confirmed shoots.
- Meet and beat sales and profitability targets.
- Agree on revenue targets for LSP and set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Determine system improvements and implement change and corrective actions.
- Meet with the sales and marketing team regularly to discuss work-in-progress and assess performance against KPIs.
- Direct line management of Sales and Marketing teams.
- Implement a consistent closed-loop between marketing and sales, ensuring marketing analytics drive sales actions and are regularly and clearly reported.
- Maintain strong relationships with key clients and create new client relationships in the UK, Europe, Canada and USA. Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
- Present sales results to the LSP Leadership team on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare Sales and Marketing Action Plans at an individual, as well as a team level.
- Set marketing objectives including planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating communications, advertising and trade event opportunities.
- Identify industry trends. Collect information by analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Attend and speak at conferences and events about LS Productions’ services.
- Liaise with the MD to ensure all business activity is consistent with production objectives.
- Identify and implement a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales.
- Ensure the organisation has an effective sales development internal coaching programme.
- Ensure the CRM is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage to the company.
RESEARCH AND PLANNING
- Assess the effectiveness of the LSP model in each of the territories of UK, US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
- Consider North American, European and Asian representation and reporting models.
- Assess the experience, output and potential of LSP personnel.
- Examine trends in advertising platforms and spend.
- Examine the potential impact of changes in the stills and motion supply chain.
- Report to MD and CEO on strategy, operations and results.
- Liaise with MD on production strategy and objectives.
- Liaise with the Head of Production on infrastructure, personnel and administrative requirements.
- Liaise with the Financial Director on financial implications of sales and marketing strategy.
- Attend key strategic business development trips with MD and CEO and other LSP personnel.
- Attend leadership meetings and quarterly full team meetings.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE REQUIREMENTS
- National and international sales and marketing strategy and implementation.
- Creative, Advertising and/or Film & TV Production experience.
- Board and/or senior executive level reporting responsibility.
- Leadership skills with an ability to inspire a team.
- People management.
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
- Proficient at analysing data, building reports and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
- High-level networking skills including the capacity to develop and strengthen international relationships, clients and partners.
- Dedication to a strong company culture and respect for all staff.
- A solutions-based problem solver.
- Desire to updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Capacity to take initiative and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, positively contributing to a new dynamic and innovative working environment.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th March 2021. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- The application must contain:
- Email title: Business Development Director Application | 'YOUR NAME'
- WOW us. We're open to all kinds of inspirational applications. Be as creative as you like - videos, presentations or something more traditional are all welcome.
- Letter of motivation (two pages maximum) addressing your suitability for the position and interest in working with LS Productions.
- CV (three pages maximum).
- Two nominated referees with contact details.
- Applications will be shortlisted and only candidates who appear to be suitable will be called for an interview.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Starting date: ASAP.
Contract Duration: Temp to Perm, part-time or full-time.
Remuneration: £55k - 75k + bonus negotiable based on experience and location.
Location: London, Edinburgh or Manchester.
A LITTLE ABOUT LS PRODUCTIONS
LS Productions is the UK's largest production service company providing expert local knowledge on commercials, film and TV, music videos, fashion and sport campaigns. Our team believe in unlocking the UK’s potential for photo and film projects based out of our offices in Edinburgh, Manchester and London.
Our reputation, locally and internationally, is built upon our professionalism and sustainable production agenda and is strengthened by our ‘people-first’ attitude. Our nationwide team provide UK-based and international clients with world-class production and location knowledge, offering an unrivalled depth of logistical understanding.
Founded in Edinburgh in 2006 by Marie Owen (CEO), our team has filmed the length and breadth of the UK working with a range of brands, production companies, film studios and agencies including: Adidas, Anonymous Content, BMW, Havas, HBO, Netflix, Porsche, Pulse Films, Ralph Lauren, Rogue Films, Stink Films, Somesuch, and Vogue.
Over the past year we have celebrated international success with a Grammy nomination for our work on the Harry Styles music video Adore You, as well as several international film & TV projects most notably the recently released Steven Soderbergh movie Let Them All Talk starring Meryl Streep.
It doesn't stop here. We are an ambitious team with an inclusive and positive culture – Be Kind, Do Kind.